My blog

Forever wondering, so why not share my thoughts with the world? I believe everything happens for a reason even though we may not know what it is. I believe it's fate. It's kismat. xox

Saturday 19 January 2013

I'm a Little Snowflake.

For those of you who somehow haven't stepped out of your house, gazed out of a window or checked your Twitter or Facebook feeds. Let me tell you, it's snowingggggg!

I used to be so fascinated by snow. I'd wake up to see a certain brightness gleaming from my blinds and would immediately want to get outside and play in this angelic weather.
Don't get me wrong, I still do like it, but recently, I see it more as a nuisance than anything. And I have yet to enjoy it after my exams and assignments are in. Boo.

Nonetheless, I never fail to be amazed by its beauty. It has this certain freshness to it. It's so pure. As far as clichés go, it covers the whole world in a white blanket.

As I dazed outside I saw one or two tiny snowflakes encaptured by a spider web. So dainty and precious they were, that I feared the wind would instantly annihilate them.

And then I got a bit annoyed. How can something so beautiful be simplified to just a 'white blanket'?!

The snowflakes were all so unique and intricate, so pretty in their own way, yet so delicate, so fragile - that with one ultimate touch they could melt. Just like us. Like individuals.



At first glance of a person, we notice their outer beauty, how they appear to be.

She's beautiful, so radiant, has the prettiest smile I've seen. He's handsome, so strong, with the most amazing eyes. And we all fall in love with these generalised individuals.

I think that's a big problem. Sometimes we don't get closer and we fail to know them. When we do, we notice there's more, a whole load more of complex patterns: a personality to be discovered.

Like the snow she's beautiful, like the snowflake, she has designs of her own.

She's funny and naive. Smart and stubborn. Though, she too, is delicate. She has been affected by life's wind. Stamped all over by the footsteps.
And with a word, with silence, with actions, can melt. In an instant.


She's fragile.



Things are never what they seem to be and sometimes it's important we try and get closer, learn more. Yet, regardless of how much we know something or someone, we must always be cautious, one touch and they could break.

We must handle them with care.

With that, we should learn to accept people the way they are, at their best and at their worst. We should admire their beauty, but love their identity.

Its the same with life. I feel it's too generalised, seen as one big notion, when really it has so many finer details that we should cherish and work on.

Anyway, I'm going to end this post with another cliché: never judge a book by its cover. Read it, understand it. Love it. And if it's not your thing, don't read it in the first place - put it down - gently, with love.

The snow is so prettaaaaay! But the snowflakes are just quite something else I really can't explain.



6 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful photograph. Really liked reading this. :)
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, took me a while to get that shot. Thanks for reading! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a beautiful deep post! I loved what you had to say, you're right we're all indiviuals and should be seen as unique rather than generalized!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you. Yes, exactly - such a shame really!

    Followed your blog :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great shot! Love this post - its all so, so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankssss, glad you liked it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete